Who We Are
We are on our client’s side
Tokio Marine Asset Management (“TMAM”) provides institutional fiduciary and award-winning investment management services to a broad audience comprising pension funds, financial institutions and sovereign wealth funds all over the world, and offers public investment trusts for individual customers in Japan.
Group Corporate Profile
- 69.1 billion USD
Assets under management as at March 31, 2021
- 1985 founded
TMAM was established in December 1985
- 4 sites around the world
Global structure with offices in Tokyo, New York, London and Singapore
Since our establishment in 1985, Tokio Marine Asset Management (“TMAM”) has strived to provide excellence in investment management services for our clients, and it is under this commitment that we will continue to develop and expand our business as part of the Tokio Marine Group.
We will continue to provide an exceptional client service that goes above and beyond expectations by remaining focused on the three pillars of our management mission.
- Fiduciary - Committed to the best interests of our clients
- Quality - Providing exceptional products that exceed our clients’ expectations
- Innovation - Constantly enhancing our product in response to a dynamic global market
This is the “TMAM Quality” that we deliver, and will continue to deliver, to maintain the strong relationship of trust we have with our clients and take us to the next stage of our growth as an asset management firm.
TMAM Board of Directors
President & CEO
- Asset management career spans over 30 years.
- Spent three years as head of the asset management business at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group and Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation, and seven years as President of Mitsubishi UFJ Asset Management.
- Served as director of both the Investment Trusts Association, Japan (JITA) and the Security Analysts Association of Japan (SAAJ).
- Appointed President & CEO of Tokio Marine Asset Management Co., Ltd. in April 2018.
Senior Managing Director
- Began asset management career at Nomura Securities Investment Trust Co., Ltd. (currently Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd.) in 1989.
- Headed subsidiaries in Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia for nine years, before returning to Tokyo in 2014 to hold chief executive positions in Nomura’s private equity and fund research arms, subsequently serving as managing executive officer and head of international sales & marketing in Nomura Asset.
- Joined Tokio Marine Asset Management Co., Ltd. in July 2020.
- Currently serving as Senior Managing Director, Head of Institutional Business Division.
- Joined Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd. in 1983.
- Transferred to Tokio Marine MC Asset Management Co., Ltd. (presently, Tokio Marine Asset Management Co., Ltd.) in 1990.
- Held successive positions, including Head of Investment Research Department, Head of Japanese Equity Department, Head of Quantitative Research and Investment Department, and Head of Investment Trust Business Division.
- Appointed Executive Officer in 2006.
- Appointed President and CEO of Tokio Marine Property Investment Management, Inc. in 2013.
- Currently serving as Managing Director and Head of Administration Division of Tokio Marine Asset Management Co., Ltd.
- After joining Tokio Marine & Fire Insurance Co., Ltd. (currently Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd.), held successive positions in Investment Department.
- Held various lead roles including head of regional offices and appointed as a member of the board of trustee.
- Served as Head of General Planning at Tokio Marine & Nichido Facilities, Inc.
- Appointed as Director of Tokio Marine Asset Management Co., Ltd. in April 2019.
- Yoshinari Endo
- Tamon Watanabe
- Masafumi Hikima
- Kobayashi Yutaka
Executive Officer, Head of Investment Trust Business Division and Head of Investment Trust Information Department
- Began career at Towa Securities (currently Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities) in 1987.
- Held successive positions in Japan, Switzerland and the UK prior to joining Tokio Marine Asset Management in 2019.
- Currently serving as Executive Officer, Head of Investment Trust Business Division and Head of Investment Trust Information Department.
Executive Officer, Head of International Business Division
- Began career at Mitsubishi Trust and Banking Corporation (part of the now Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) in 1989.
- Held successive positions in trust banking and asset management at group companies in Japan, the UK and Luxembourg prior to joining Tokio Marine Asset Management in 2020.
- Currently serving as Executive Officer, Head of International Business Division.
Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer
- Began career at Daiwa Asset Management before joining Tokio Marine MC Asset Management Co., Ltd. (presently, Tokio Marine Asset Management Co., Ltd.) in 1997.
- Initially worked in fixed income investments; also became involved in investment strategy from 2002.
- Appointed Head of Investment Strategy in 2016, working closely with the CIO.
- Currently serving as Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer.
Qualifications: Ph.D., CMA, CIIA
TMAM - Providing a high quality service that exceeds client expectations
TMAM places great importance on the quality of our offering, and the level of service provided collectively and individually to our clients. Therefore, we are proud when the quality of the work that we do is recognised by others.
- Morningstar Fund of the Year 2016 Awards
- InvestmentEurope Fund Manager of the Year Awards 2017/2018
- Mercer MPA Awards 2016
- LIPPER FUND AWARDS 2014 JAPAN
- LIPPER FUND AWARDS 2015 JAPAN
- LIPPER FUND AWARDS 2016 JAPAN
- CAMRADATA Asset View Award 2016
- CAMRADATA Asset View Award 2015
- Morningstar Disclaimer
- References to any specific securities do not constitute an offer to buy or sell securities. Those awarded funds based upon the past performance cannot guarantee their future performance. Data or statements are obtained from sources Morningstar Japan K.K believed to be reliable but are not guaranteed as to accuracy or completeness. All information is the property of Morningstar Japan K.K. or Morningstar, Inc. and protected by copyright and intellectual property laws. All rights reserved. Taking every factor into consideration, Morningstar Japan K.K. has selected funds for Morningstar Award “Fund of the Year 2016” in each divisions from open-end mutual fund based upon its unique quantitative and qualitative analysis. Awarded funds in the Domestic Mid- and Small-cap Stock Fund Division have been selected from 250 funds at the end of December 2016.
The Mercer MPA Awards are based only on historical return (gross of fees) obtained from investment managers and there is no relationship with Mercer’s qualitative ratings or recommendation. Mercer gives no representations or warranties as to the accuracy of such information or method of calculation, and accepts no responsibility or liability (including for indirect, consequential or incidental damages) for any error, omission or inaccuracy in such information. In addition, Past Performance cannot be relied upon as a guide to future performance.
For further information on Mercer Investment Consulting, please visit http://www.mercer.co.jp/ (Japanese)
- Lipper Disclaimer
- Although Lipper makes reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the data contained herein, the accuracy is not guaranteed by Lipper. Users acknowledge that they have not relied upon any warranty, condition, guarantee, or representation made by Lipper. Any use of the data for analyzing, managing, or trading financial instruments is at the user’s own risk. This is not an offer to buy or sell securities.