Who We Are
We are on our client’s side
Tokio Marine Asset Management Co., Ltd. (TMAM) provides investment advisory services for corporate pension funds and other institutional investors and corporate clients, and offers public investment trusts for individual customers.
- 57 billion USD
Assets under management As at June 30, 2016
- 1985 founded
TMAM was established in December 1985
- 4 sites around the world
Global structure with offices in Tokyo, New York, London and Singapore
Since our establishment in 1985, Tokio Marine Asset Management has strived to provide excellence in investment management services for our clients, and it is under this commitment that we will continue to develop and expand our business as part of the Tokio Marine Group.
We will continue to provide an exceptional client service that goes above and beyond expectations by remaining focused on the three pillars of our management mission.
- Fiduciary - Strong fiduciary standards
- Quality - Constantly improving quality
- Innovation - Market-leading products
This is the “TMAM Quality” that we deliver, and will continue to deliver, to maintain the strong relationship of trust we have with our clients and take us to the next stage of our growth as an asset management firm.
Board of Directors
- After joining Yasuda Trust & Banking (currently Mizuho Trust & Banking), appointed to positions such as General Manager of Asset Management Department, Chief Investment Officer, and Managing Director.
- Appointed President & CEO of Mizuho Pension Research Institute Ltd.
- Appointed President & CEO of Tokio Marine Asset Management Co., Ltd.
- Currently serving as Chairman.
President & CEO
- Joined Tokio Marine and Fire Insurance Co., Ltd. in 1978.
- Spent four years at the United States Branch Office of Tokio Marine between 2002 and 2006.
- Held successive positions within the group, including General Manager and Executive Officer of Corporate Accounting Department, Managing Director of Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd., and Senior Managing Director of Tokio Marine Holdings Inc.
- Appointed Executive Vice President of Tokio Marine Holdings in 2015 and became a Member of the Board.
- Currently serving as President & CEO of Tokio Marine Asset Management Co., Ltd.
- After joining Tokio Marine & Fire Insurance Co., Ltd. (currently Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd.), held successive positions in the Investment Department.
- Appointed Representative Director & President of Millea Real-Estate-Risk Management,Inc.
- Appointed Director of Tokio Marine Asset Management Co., Ltd.
- Currently serving as Managing Director.
- Joined Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd. in 1983.
- Transferred to Tokio Marine MC Asset Management Co., Ltd. (presently, Tokio Marine Asset Management Co., Ltd.) in 1990.
- Held successive positions, including Head of Investment Research Department, Head of Japanese Equity Department, Head of Quantitative Research and Investment Department, and Head of Investment Trust Business Division.
- Appointed Executive Officer in 2006.
- Appointed President and CEO of Tokio Marine Property Investment Management, Inc. in 2013.
- Currently serving as Managing Director of Tokio Marine Asset Management Co., Ltd.
Charles J. Yang
- Charles J. Yang started his career with J.P. Morgan Investment Management in New York as a quantitative analyst. After serving as Chief Investment Officer for major European and Japanese asset management firms, he joined Tokio Marine Asset Management Co., Ltd. in 2016.
- Mr. Yang was a member of the Board of Governors for CFA Institute from 2009 to 2015. He served as Chair from 2013 to 2014, the first Asian Chair in the history of CFA Institute.
- Hirokazu Fujita
- Yoichi Moriwaki
- Tamon Watanabe
- Masafumi Hikima
Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer
- Held successive positions in fixed income and equity investment for a Japanese bank and global asset management companies.
- Joined Tokio Marine Asset Management Co., Ltd. as Head of Quantitative Research & Investment.
- Served as Executive Officer and Deputy CIO.
- Currently Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer.
Qualifications: CFA, CMA, CIIA
Executive Officer and Head of International Business Development Division
- Held successive positions in client relationship and marketing at Japanese and foreign asset management firms.
- Joined Tokio Marine Asset Management Co., Ltd. and served in positions such as General Manager of Client Relationship and Marketing Department for public pension clients and General Manager of Product Planning Department.
- Served as Executive Officer and Head of Institutional Business Division.
- Currently Executive Officer and Head of International Business Development Division.
Qualifications: CMA, CIIA
Executive Officer and Head of Administration Division
- Held successive positions in charge of credit review for loan originations for a Japanese commercial bank and Japanese equity investment, research and investment risk management for its investment management subsidiary.
- Joined Tokio Marine Asset Management Co., Ltd. and served as Head of Investment Risk Management.
- Currently Executive Officer and Head of Administration Division.
Executive Officer and Head of Investment Trust Business Division
- Appointed Head of Corporate Strategy Department.
- Currently serving as Executive Officer and Head of Investment Trust Business.
Qualifications: CMA, CIIA, CFP
Executive Officer and Head of Institutional Business Division
- Held successive positions in institutional business for Japanese insurance and asset management companies.
- Currently Executive Officer and Head of Institutional Business Division.
TMAM - Providing a high quality service that exceeds client expectations
TMAM places great importance on the quality of our offering, and the level of service provided collectively and individually to our clients. Therefore, we are proud when the quality of the work that we do is recognised by others.
- Rating & Investment Information Inc. (R&I) 2016
- Rating & Investment Information Inc. (R&I) 2015
- Rating & Investment Information Inc. (R&I) 2016
- LIPPER FUND AWARDS 2014 JAPAN
- LIPPER FUND AWARDS 2015 JAPAN
- LIPPER FUND AWARDS 2016 JAPAN
- AsianInvestor 2009 & 2010
- CAMRADATA Asset View Award 2016
- CAMRADATA Asset View Award 2015
- Mercer MPA Awards 2016
- Lipper Disclaimer
- Although Lipper makes reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the data contained herein, the accuracy is not guaranteed by Lipper. Users acknowledge that they have not relied upon any warranty, condition, guarantee, or representation made by Lipper. Any use of the data for analyzing, managing, or trading financial instruments is at the user’s own risk. This is not an offer to buy or sell securities.
- R&I Disclaimer
- The R&I Fund Award is presented to provide reference information based on the past data R&I believes to be reliable (however, its accuracy and completeness are not guaranteed by R&I) and is not intended to recommend the purchase, sale or holding of particular products or guarantee their future performance. The Award is not the Credit Rating Business, but one of the Other Lines of Business (businesses excluding Credit Rating Business and also excluding the Ancillary Businesses) as set forth in Article 299, paragraph (1), item (xxviii) of the Cabinet Office Ordinance on Financial Instruments Business, etc. With respect to such business, relevant laws and regulations require measures to be implemented so that activities pertaining to such business would not unreasonably affect the Credit Rating Activities. Intellectual property rights including copyright and all other rights in this Award are the sole property of R&I, and any unauthorized copying, reproduction and so forth are prohibited. The Award for the "Investment Trusts/Aggregate" category is based on the average performance of the relevant funds of a fund manager, and does not indicate the excellent performance of all individual funds of the manager.
- The Mercer MPA Awards are based only on historical return (gross of fees) obtained from investment managers and there is no relationship with Mercer’s qualitative ratings or recommendation. Mercer gives no representations or warranties as to the accuracy of such information or method of calculation, and accepts no responsibility or liability (including for indirect, consequential or incidental damages) for any error, omission or inaccuracy in such information. In addition, Past Performance cannot be relied upon as a guide to future performance.
For further information on Mercer Investment Consulting, please visit http://www.mercer.co.jp/ (Japanese)